The Global Music School
You can now study with us in London, Los Angeles or entirely online. Originating in London, Point Blank was established during the dance music revolution that exploded out of the UK in the 1990’s. Starting out as a commercial recording studio and journeying to our current status as the world’s ‘Best Electronic Music School’ (as voted by the readers of DJ Mag), Point Blank’s goal has always been to harness and demonstrate the creative process of making music at the highest level. To convey this to you, we bring in the best talent the music industry has to offer, provide the latest state-of-the-art equipment to create the perfect learning environment and accredit our practical, hands-on courses with internationally recognised academic qualifications. Since we started sharing the music industry’s secrets, over 50,000 students worldwide have chosen Point Blank as the best place to study music production, sound engineering, music business, singing, radio production and DJ skills. Importantly, many of our graduates have gone on to great success themselves. Our students include Claude VonStroke, Goldie,AlunaGeorge, Gemma Cairney, Dave Rene and other successful industry figures. However, most of our students start out as beginners (in case you were wondering!). Welcome to the global music network…
Point Blank is accredited by several very important educational and regulatory bodies. For full list see our ‘Accreditation’ page. This accreditation means you don’t have to take our word for it when we say our courses are of the highest standards – we are inspected regularly and achieve excellent results in our reports as well as having the tangible proof of an 85% employability success rate – the majority of our graduates find work in the music industry.
Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), report on Point Blank, 2014
Point Blank Music School has undergone a Review for Specific Course Designation by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and has received its final report, which is available in full here.
We have received the following judgements from QAA:
- The review team has confidence in Point Blank Ltd’s management of its responsibilities for the standards of the awards it offers on behalf of its awarding body and organisation.
- The review team has confidence that Point Blank Ltd is fulfilling its responsibilities for managing and enhancing the quality of the intended learning opportunities it provides for students.
- The review team concludes that reliance can be placed on the information that Point Blank Ltd produces for its intended audiences about the learning opportunities it offers.
Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report on Point Blank, 2014
- “The college exceeds expectations for the quality of education.”
- “The college is successful in attracting very experienced and professionally respected instructors.”
- “High quality music resources are provided and are used very effectively.”
- “Students are supported by excellent teaching and pastoral care.”
- “The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners’ achievements is excellent.”
- “The majority of learners successfully complete their studies and gain employment within the industry.”