Whether you’re interested in a career as an airline pilot, or you just want to pursue flying as a recreational hobby, flight school is the first step on your journey.
Getting Your Pilot’s License
What You Will Learn
- Principles of Flight – Basic aerodynamics and physics relating to how airplanes fly.
- Flight Regulations – FAA mandated rules and laws governing all aspects of flight.
- Meteorology – How weather patterns affect aviation and flying under difficult conditions.
- Navigation – How to get from point A to B using basic navigation skills, as well as the equipment onboard the aircraft.
- Radio Communication – How and when to use the onboard communication systems to contact air traffic control.
- Flight Instruments – You’ll learn what all of those knobs and switches do and how to use them.
- Human Factors – How pilot error and correction contribute to the safety of flight.
- Aeromedical – Human physiology and the effects of flying on the body.
Prerequisites For Flight Training
If you want to get ahead and begin learning before you start your flight training, there are some valuable resources out there such as CD training programs and manuals that will assist you both before and during your flight training.