One of the most important Social Media websites you and your business are going to need is Instagram. Billions of people around the world are using this App daily. It is a great way to showcase your Products or Services to your potential customers. With Instagram being all about photos – the better they are, the more likely you are to get a sale, or gain a loyal follower! Here are some facts about Instagram:
- The peak of interactions on Instagram is between 8PM and 9PM. This would be a great time to share some finished work of yours, or even better – show off your workspace and share your behind-the-scenes with your Followers!
- 70% of Instagramers have already looked for a brand on Instagram. 41% follow or would follow a brand to benefit from special offers! If you have a sale going on; mention it in your profile! This will attract more potential buyers/followers!
- Top 3 reasons why users follow brands on Instagram: 62% because they love the brand, 54% to discover new things, 48% because they find content interesting or funny – Keep this in mind when sharing anything on Instagram! Have fun with your account.
When you are setting up your Instagram account, be sure to include a valid link to your Shop so Followers can see or even buy your Products. Include a short description about what you specialize in as well!
Take clear and well lit photos of your Products! Dark and blurry photos will not attract new followers. Look into your lighting source (the Sun is one of the best ones out there; take advantage!), being steady when taking your photos and also look into getting an app on your phone that will help you edit your photos. I highly recommend using Fotor:http://www.fotor.com/). It has many tools you can use when editing your photos (text overlays are also available).
Sharing new Products on Instagram – another important thing you need to include along with a short description of your Products are Hashtags. Hashtags are one of the key ways your potential customers will find you! Make sure to use Hashtags that are relevant to what you are selling. (#HandmadeJewelry, #Jewelry, #Etsy, #Sewing, #CustomOrders etc,.) Here are some links you can use to find Hashtags:
If there is little to no traffic coming in to your Shop – You need to stop and evaluate these few things:
- Am I sharing new work all over Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other Social Media Sites?
- Are the Hashtags I’m using the right ones for my products?
- Do I have a good schedule for myself?
- What are my goals? What do I want out of my Business?
- Are my photos & descriptions good?
When thinking over all of these things, take it one at a time. Focus on each area that you think you are struggling in – do as much research as you can to improve it. Whether it’s getting a new light source for your photos, joining more groups on Facebook or a new desk. Anything that will help you improve how you work will benefit you. Reread all of the descriptions that you have written for each of your products. Make sure they are as descriptive as possible. Repeating keywords between your items Title & Description is important for being found in Search Engines. Include those, and be creative with your writing – (Instead of, “This Necklace….” try “This stunning Necklace….”). Be sure to save a list of the keywords and hashtags that you use.
Instagram is one of many very user friendly Apps & sites out there. You and your business will benefit from joining each site so much. Don’t be discouraged if your sales are low, keep creating and keep learning how to use these important Social Media websites and you will see results. In future articles, I will cover the basic need-to-knows for other Social Media sites! If this article was helpful to you, please feel free to share.
Until next time!
Artisan of Wartick Ravels Hemp Jewelry
Hello! My name is Amber and I am the Artisan of Wartick Ravels Hemp Jewelry! I first discovered Hemp and started learning Macramè late Summer of 2014. I have enjoyed making every piece that I have done so far! When I was confident enough, I decided to open a Shop on Etsy. It was the best decision ever.
I add new colors of Hemp Twine and all sorts of Beads and Pendants to my collection regularly. If you have something in mind that is currently not available in my Shop, please feel free to message me and I will work with you!